Saturday, December 20, 2008

Close but no Cigar

So my post, "Ten Tips for Growing your Learning Network" was the first runner up for the Most Influential Post category of the Edublogs Awards. Thanks again to Lisa Thumann who nominated me and reminds me "you get what you get and you don't get upset" (and who also took third place in the new blogger category). Congratulations to Al Upton who's Order for Closure post won in this category. I just want to state for the record that should Al be unable to perform his duties as winner, I am more than happy to take over the crown.

Seriously, it was fun to be part of the conversation and I appreciate all of the new visitors who may have found their way here because of it. Thanks also to everyone who voted for me (next time vote more than once;).

Photo Credit: "First Runner Up" from ronnie44052 photostream on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronnie44052/2614123241/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz ... you are an 'influential blogger with wonderfully high quality posts' and would've absolutely left me 'not even close, no cigar' in that category :)
In fact meet me in Second Life (Jokaydia where the awards were held)and I'll make or seek out a crown for you. You more than deserve it. Cheers, Al (Al Lurton)

Anonymous said...

Well done Liz - yours was an excellent post and you should be really proud especially when you consider that it's only been online for a short time and helped people get started building their own PLNs.

Anonymous said...

I had a crown and a gown (no rhyme intended - seriously) waiting for you in SL, Liz. You missed some good dance moves.

Lisa

Paul C said...

I learned a lot from your 'Ten Tips for Growing Learning Network' and best wishes for 2009.

Liz B Davis said...

Thanks Al, Sue, Lisa and Paul! I am seriously excited to have been part of my first Eddies awards. It was a great honor to be nominated and I'm happy that it brought more readers to my blog and added some new blogs to my reader. I have a tiara that I wear on weekends, so I'm all set with the crown ;)

Booktalker said...

Your are truly an influence on me and I loved the blog post. I even quoted it in a paper this semester. Keep up the good work. You are never second best!!

Nancy